This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS Cooking time: 55 minutes, Refrigeration Time: 120 minutes
pork back ribs
, about 1.5 kg
, 341 mL each, preferably pale ale
instant coffee granules
sambel oelek or
- Combine garlic with 2 tbsp chili powder, balsamic vinegar, 2 tbsp brown sugar, cayenne and salt in a food processor. Pulse until it forms a paste. Rub all over ribs. Refrigerate ribs at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Place ribs in a very large pot. Add beer. Ribs will not be totally submerged. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, turning ribs occasionally, until ribs are fork-tender, 45 min to 1 hour. Transfer ribs to a platter. Discard liquid.
- Stir cider vinegar with 1 cup brown sugar, coffee, remaining chili powder and sambal in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-high. Boil, uncovered, until reduced by almost half, about 6 min.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-low. Brush ribs with sauce. Oil grill, then barbecue ribs, turning and basting often, until glazed and heated through, 10 to 12 min.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 22 g,
- 35 g,
- 21 g,
- 1 g,
- 389 mg.