Rum and ginger ball
- 60 vanilla wafers , about 2/3 of a 312-g pkg
- 1/3 cup dark rum
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 2 tbsp finely chopped candied ginger
- 2 tbsp icing sugar , for rolling into
- Place wafers in a food processor. Pulse until finely ground. They should measure about 2½ cups (625 mL). In a medium bowl, stir dark rum and corn syrup, 1 cup (250 mL) icing sugar and crumbs until evenly mixed. Stir in toasted pecans and candied ginger.
- Line a tray with waxed paper. Shape mixture into 1-in. (2.5-cm) balls and place on tray. In a small bowl, stir 2 tbsp (15 mL) icing sugar. Roll balls in sugar mixture until coated. Store in an airtight container with wax paper between layers. Refrigerate at least overnight or up to 2 weeks. Flavour improves as they sit.