This article has not been rated yet.
- 510 or 520-g pkg white cake mix
- 75-g pkg ground almonds , about 1 cup
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- 1 to 4 tbsp water
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2/3 cup finely chopped glacé pineapple , a mix of red and green (optional)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Oil 2 baking sheets. Place cake mix, almonds, egg, butter, 1 tbsp (15 mL) water and almond extract in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat on low speed, scraping down side of bowl as needed until moist crumbs form. If dough is dry, stir in more water, 1 tbsp (15 mL) at a time, until it will form a ball in your hands. Using your hands, work in pineapple. Roll into 1-inch (2.5-cm) balls. Place on baking sheets 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
- Place sugar in a small bowl. Spray bottom of a drinking glass with vegetable oil. Dip into sugar. Using base, flatten balls to 1/4-inch (0.5-cm) thickness. Bake, one sheet at a time, in preheated 375F (190C) oven until cookie edges are golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Turn sheet halfway through. Leave cookies on baking sheet 1 minute then remove to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week, or freeze up to 6 months.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 9.7 g,
- 4 g,
- 0.2 g,
- 92 mg.