Photo, Carmen Cheung. Food styling, Ashley Denton. Prop styling, Madeleine Johari.
2 1/3 cups
1 1/3 cups
1 1/2 tsp
, or canola oil
, cut into 1/2-in. pieces (about 2 cups)
- Position rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 375F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Topping: Combine 1/3 cup flour with 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Add butter. With your hands, rub butter and our mixture together until crumbly. Set aside.
- Whisk remaining 2 cups flour with remaining 1 cup sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla in a medium bowl. Stir into flour and baking powder mixture until just combined. Stir in peaches.
- Divide batter among liners, then generously sprinkle with topping.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted into centre of a muffin comes out clean, 18 to 20 min. Transfer muffins to a rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- It’s best to use pure olive oil in this recipe, as the flavour is more neutral than extra-virgin olive oil. Use canola oil if you don’t have olive oil.
- Muffins keep in a resealable container at room temperature for up to three days.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 5 g,
- 43 g,
- 11 g,
- 1 g,
- 218 mg.
- Good source of
-It’s best to use pure olive oil in this recipe, as the flavour is more neutral than extra-virgin olive oil.
-Muffins keep well in a resealable container at room temperature for up to three days.