Updated Sep 3, 2019Chatelaine
1. Position rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 375F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with large paper liners.
2. Combine 1/2 cup flour with 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Add butter. With your hands, rub butter and our mixture together until crumbly. Set aside.
3. Whisk remaining 2 1/4 cups flour with remaining 1 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg in a large bowl. Whisk eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla in a medium bowl. Stir into our mixture until just combined. Stir in peaches.
4. Divide batter among liners, filling to the top, then generously sprinkle with cobbler mixture.
5. Bake until a cake tester inserted into centre of a muffin comes out clean, 18 to 20 min. Transfer muffins to a rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
It’s best to use pure olive oil in this recipe, as the flavour is more neutral than extra-virgin olive oil.
Muffins keep in a resealable container at room temperature for up to three days.