Savoury Cheese Souffle
These peach cobbler muffins are one delicious way to use these lush, juicy stone fruits while they are in season.
1. Position rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 375F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with large paper liners.
2. Combine 1/2 cup flour with 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Add butter. With your hands, rub butter and our mixture together until crumbly. Set aside.
3. Whisk remaining 2 1/4 cups flour with remaining 1 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg in a large bowl. Whisk eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla in a medium bowl. Stir into our mixture until just combined. Stir in peaches.
4. Divide batter among liners, filling to the top, then generously sprinkle with cobbler mixture.
5. Bake until a cake tester inserted into centre of a muffin comes out clean, 18 to 20 min. Transfer muffins to a rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
It’s best to use pure olive oil in this recipe, as the flavour is more neutral than extra-virgin olive oil.
Muffins keep in a resealable container at room temperature for up to three days.