-It’s best to use pure olive oil in this recipe, as the flavour is more neutral than extra-virgin olive oil.
-Muffins keep well in a resealable container at room temperature for up to three days.
Peach Cobbler MuffinsBy Chatelaine
These peach cobbler muffins are one delicious way to use these lush, juicy stone fruits while they are in season.
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour , divided
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar , divided
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon , divided
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter , cubed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup olive oil , or canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large peaches , cut into 1/2-in. pieces (about 2 cups)
- Position rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 375F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Topping: Combine 1/3 cup flour with 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Add butter. With your hands, rub butter and our mixture together until crumbly. Set aside.
- Whisk remaining 2 cups flour with remaining 1 cup sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla in a medium bowl. Stir into flour and baking powder mixture until just combined. Stir in peaches.
- Divide batter among liners, then generously sprinkle with topping.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted into centre of a muffin comes out clean, 18 to 20 min. Transfer muffins to a rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- It’s best to use pure olive oil in this recipe, as the flavour is more neutral than extra-virgin olive oil. Use canola oil if you don’t have olive oil.
- Muffins keep in a resealable container at room temperature for up to three days.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 5 g,
- 43 g,
- 11 g,
- 1 g,
- 218 mg.
- Good source of