Cheddar And Bacon Cornmeal MuffinsBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Pack yourself an extra treat for lunch with this slightly sweet, mostly savoury biscuit-style muffin.
- 6 bacon , strips, excess fat trimmed and discarded, chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour , (120 g)
- 1 cup cornmeal , (160 g)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar , (48 g)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese , (120 g)
- 4 thinly sliced green onions
- Position rack in centre of oven and preheat to 375F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with oil.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Add bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, just until crisp, 5 to 7 min. Transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate and let cool slightly.
- Whisk flour with cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Season with pepper.
- Whisk eggs with milk and butter in a large bowl. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture just until combined. (It’s okay if batter is lumpy.) Stir in cooled bacon, cheddar and green onions. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups. 5. Bake until a skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean, 15 to 18 min. Let muffins cool in pan for 10 min, then serve warm. Cooled muffins will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.