Blueberry Oat MuffinsBy Chatelaine
1 h 5 min
This breakfast classic comes together in under an hour and freezes beautifully.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour , (180 g)
- 2/3 cup quick oats , (53 g)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar , (128 g)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Position rack in centre of oven and preheat to 375F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Stir flour with oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Whisk egg with milk, oil, lemon zest and juice in a medium bowl. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until combined. Set batter aside for 15 min.
- Spoon about 2 tbsp batter into each liner. Stir blueberries into remaining batter. Divide batter among liners. (This will prevent blueberries from sticking to the bottom of paper liners.)
- Bake until a skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 min. Let muffins cool in pans for 10 min, then transfer to a rack and let cool completely. Muffins will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days.