Lemon and chicken is one of our favourite combinations. We’ve tucked creamy goat cheese into the centre of each burger for a taste surprise.
Lemon chicken burgers
This article has not been rated yet.
- 1/4 130-g log creamy herbed goat cheese , well chilled
- 1 egg
- 1 green onion
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon-and-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 tsp hot red-chili flakes
- 500 g lean ground chicken , or pork
- Oil grill. Heat barbecue to medium. Cut cheese into 4 pieces. Roll into balls. In a large bowl, whisk egg. Thinly slice onion. Add to bowl with Dijon, lemon-and-pepper seasoning and chili flakes. Stir to mix. Crumble in chicken. Mix using your hands or a large wooden spoon until evenly distributed. Divide into 4 portions. Roll each into a ball. Using your finger, poke a hole in centre of each. Push 1 cheese ball into hole. Press meat mixture over to cover cheese. Flatten into burgers, about 3/4 inch (2 cm) thick. Grill with lid closed until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Great on toasted whole wheat buns topped with salsa.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 24.3 g,
- 1 g,
- 10.6 g,
- 0.2 g,
- 151 mg.