Serving tip: We garnished our plate with beautiful raw baby kale.
Grilled honey-thyme chicken and potatoes for dinner tonightBy Chatelaine
Easy as 1-2-3. This grilled chicken and potatoes recipe is a delicious weeknight dinner. Serve with chilled glass of white wine.
- 4 chicken legs , excess fat trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 454 g baby potatoes , sliced in half
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 lemons , sliced in wedges
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium.
- COAT chicken with 1 tbsp oil and 1/4 tsp salt in a medium bowl. Season with fresh pepper. Toss potatoes in remaining oil and salt in another bowl. Season with fresh pepper. Stir Dijon with honey and 1 tbsp thyme
- OIL grill. Barbecue chicken and potatoes, with lid closed, flipping chicken halfway through, until chicken is springy when pressed, about 30 min. Transfer potatoes to a platter when they are fork-tender, about 15 min.
- TRANSFER chicken to a platter with potatoes and brush with Dijon mixture. Sprinkle with remaining thyme.
- BARBECUE lemons about 1 min. Serve with chicken and potatoes.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 27 g,
- 31 g,
- 28 g,
- 3 g,
- 501 mg.
Pair it with: An organic French white.
This brilliant Languedoc chardonnay certainly delivers, especially at this price. The bouquet is pears, tangerine and fresh brioche, while the taste is all ripe, creamy fruit. Just the thing to pair with this honeyed and herbed chicken.
Our Pick: Gilles Louvet O Chardonnay, France, $14.