Chicken tortilla lasagna
* PLUS Cooking time: 25 minutes
Want the great taste of lasagna but don't have an hour to make it? We use soft tortillas instead of pasta sheets in this quick-bake version.
, or turkey
, finely diced
1/2 142-g clamshell
, about 4 cups
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray a 9-in. pie plate with oil.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium. Add oil, then turkey. Cook, stirring often to break up meat, until no pink remains, about 3 min. Add onion, garlic, mushrooms and herbs. Cook until onion is soft, about 3 min. Stir in tomato sauce and brown sugar. Gently boil until sauce reduces slightly, 5 min.
- Assemble lasagna by placing a tortilla on the bottom of prepared pie plate. Spread 1 1/3 cups sauce in an even layer over tortilla. Scatter 1 1/3 cups spinach, then 2/3 cup of cheese mix overtop, pressing down gently on the tortilla as you layer. Repeat with remaining tortillas, sauce, spinach and cheese. (The spinach will cook down as it bakes.)
- Bake in centre of oven, uncovered, until cheese is melted, about 20 min. Let stand for 5 min before cutting into wedges.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 30 g,
- 30 g,
- 20 g,
- 4 g,
- 876 mg.