Pink-lemonade ice-cream squares
We brought together two of summer's classic flavours - vanilla ice cream and pink lemonade - for one of the easiest desserts we've ever made.
- 355-mL can frozen concentrated pink lemonade
- 2 L container vanillas ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups graham-cracker crumbs , or vanilla- or chocolate-wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar , optional
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 1 lemon , optional
- 1 1/3 cups raspberries , optional
- Thaw lemonade. Line a 9 x 13 in. (2-L) rectangular baking dish with parchment or waxed paper, letting the edges hang over the sides of the dish. Scoop ice cream into a large bowl. Let stand until softened slightly, 10 to 20 min. Meanwhile, stir crumbs with sugar in a medium bowl. Using a fork, stir in butter until evenly mixed. Turn into prepared baking dish and pat evenly over the bottom. Place in freezer while preparing the filling.
- When ice cream is soft enough, add lemonade concentrate. Using a wooden spoon, mash and stir just until blended. If you want it tangier, taste and stir in 2 tbsp (30 mL) juice from lemon. Remove base from freezer and spoon ice-cream mixture overtop. Smooth as best you can. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Freeze until firm, at least overnight. If leaving longer, overwrap with foil. Will keep well in freezer for at least 2 weeks. When ready to serve, remove from freezer. Let stand for 10 min. Then grab the sides of the paper and lift the dessert to a cutting board. Slice into squares. Top with berries.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 4 g,
- 45 g,
- 18 g,
- 1 g,