Banana bonbons: Easy grab-and-eat frozen treatsBy Chatelaine
Customize these easy grab-and-eat frozen treats with your favourite nut-and-dried-fruit combos.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes cereal
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 bananas
- Line a cookie sheet with foil. Combine 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips with 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a medium pot set over low. Stir until completely melted. Let cool slightly.
- Pour 1/2 cup each topping, like chopped pecans, crushed cornflakes, bright sprinkles and dried cranberries, into shallow bowls. Slice 3 peeled bananas into 1/2-in.-thick pieces.
- Dip each slice in chocolate with a fork, letting excess drip off, then roll in a topping. Lay bonbons on prepared baking sheet and freeze at least 2 hours before serving. Store in freezer bags for up to 2 weeks.