Updated Aug 24, 2017Chatelaine
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- CRUSH cornflakes with your hands in a medium bowl until finely crumbled. Stir in seasoning. Whisk egg yolk with 1 tbsp honey and Dijon in another medium bowl.
- COMBINE water with cayenne in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 2 tbsp honey.
- CUT each chicken breast in half crosswise and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt. Coat each piece with egg mixture, then press into cornflake mixture to completely cover. Lay chicken on prepared sheet.
- BAKE in centre of oven until golden- brown, 23 to 25 min. Drizzle with cayenne honey.
Prep tip: Boiling cayenne in a small amount of water makes the honey mixture much tastier.
Serve with buttermilk-cornbread whole wheat waffles.