Roasted Eggplant With Za’atar And SumacBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 6
Eggplant on tacos? You bet! Crispy and spiced with za’atar, this is a topping both vegetarians and meat lovers alike will adore.—Diala Canelo
- 4 Chinese eggplants , cut in 2-in. cubes
- 1 tsp salt , divided
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp ground za’atar spice blend
- 1 tsp ground sumac
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Place eggplant in a colander set over a large bowl in the sink. Sprinkle with 1⁄2 tsp salt. Let stand for 10 min. Rinse eggplant; pat dry with paper towels.
- Arrange eggplant on baking sheet; drizzle with oil, za’atar, sumac, pepper and remaining salt. Roast, stirring halfway through, until golden and crispy, about 12 min. Broil during last 1 min. Set aside and keep warm.