Roasted Chickpea SaladBy Chatelaine
Full of flavour and easy to make, this is a salad you'll want over and over.
- 2 1/4 cups drained rehydrated chickpeas , (or 1 540-mL can no-salt chickpeas, drained and rinsed)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp sumac , divided
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp salt , divided
- 4 large garlic cloves , unpeeled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 print grape or cherry tomatoes , halved
- 3 mini cucumbers , coarsely chopped
- 1 green onion , finely chopped
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- Position rack in centre of oven; preheat to 425F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Toss chickpeas with olive oil, ½ tsp sumac, the paprika and ¼ tsp salt. Season with pepper.
- Wrap garlic cloves in a small sheet of foil. Place on same baking sheet. Roast, stirring chickpeas halfway, until crisp and golden brown, 25 to 30 min.
- Unwrap foil. Squeeze roasted garlic into a large bowl, discarding skin. Mash garlic, using a fork. Stir in extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, remaining 1 tsp sumac and ½ tsp salt.
- Add tomatoes, cucumbers, green onion and parsley. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with chickpeas.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 8 g,
- 28 g,
- 24 g,
- 8 g,
- 640 mg.