Maple-grilled trout on spinach
This article has not been rated yet.
Melon isn't just for breakfast and dessert: We've paired it with spinach and cucumber to make a nutritious salad bed for our smoky grilled trout.
- 2 tbsp mango chutney , or honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-Jan honeydew melon , seeds removed
- 2 cups yellow grape tomatoes , optional
- 41643 cucumber , thinly sliced
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 trout fillets , about 250 g each
- 2 tbsp snipped chives
- Oil grill and heat barbecue to medium-high. Place chutney in a small bowl. Remove chunks from chutney and chop finely, then return to bowl. Whisk in lemon juice, 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil and salt. Peel melon and chop coarsely. Slice tomatoes if you like. Place in a large bowl with cucumber and spinach.
- In another small bowl, whisk 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil with maple syrup, cumin and pinches of salt. Brush over fish. Place fillets on grill, skin-side down. Cover and barbecue, without turning, until a knife tip inserted in centre for 10 sec comes out warm, about 8 min.
- Meanwhile, whisk chutney dressing and toss with salad. Place on a platter or plates. Remove cooked fish by sliding a large spatula between skin and flesh. Carefully lift trout, leaving skin on the grill. Place on salad. Sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 42 g,
- 36 g,
- 21 g,
- 4 g,