A leg of lamb is a perfect centrepiece for a holiday menu because it’s easier to deal with than a bunch of chops. Our white-wine marinade enhances, not overpowers, lamb’s intriguing taste.
French herbed leg of lamb
This article has not been rated yet.
6 to 8 servings
- 1.75 kg boneless leg of lamb
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tsp dried rosemary , crumbled
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper , optional
- Place lamb in a large resealable plastic bag. Stir remaining ingredients together. Pour mixture over lamb. Seal, then place bag in a bowl and refrigerate overnight. Turn lamb at least once while marinating.
- Remove lamb from the refrigerator about 2 hours before cooking to bring to room temperature. Preheat broiler or barbecue. Place oven rack 4 inches (10 cm) from broiler. Remove lamb from marinade and place on a rack in a shallow baking pan or on a greased barbecue grill. Broil or barbecue for 5 to 8 minutes per side for medium-rare lamb. Remove to a cutting board, cover and let stand for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 27.3 g,
- 1.5 g,
- 14.2 g,
- 0.1 g,