Elotes with Zesty Nacho DustBy Chatelaine
4 to 6
Grilled corn on the cob, slathered with spiced crema and sprinkled with cotija—a mild Mexican cheese—and other toppings, is a wonderful way to enjoy corn at its peak. It’s particularly well-suited to a DIY bar: Lay out a few options and let your guests add their own toppings.
- 4 to 6 corn cobs
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp ancho or regular chili powder
- Pinch of salt
- Crumbled or grated cotija, queso fresco or feta cheese
- Flavoured nacho chips (such as zesty cheese or ranch) , finely crushed
- Finely chopped cilantro , optional
- Lime wedges
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Remove husks and silk from cobs; grill, turning, until kernels are charred, 10 to 12 min.
- Stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, chili powder and salt. Brush over warm corn to coat.
- Place corn cobs on a serving platter; sprinkle with cotija, crushed nacho chips and cilantro, turning cobs to coat well. Serve with lime wedges on the side.