Tomato and prosciutto open-faced sandwichBy Chatelaine
- 1 red beefsteak tomato , sliced into 1/4-in. rounds
- 1 yellow beefsteak tomato
- 3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- 4 1-in. slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 130-g log goat cheese , crumbled
- 4 slices prosciutto
- fresh pepper , to season
- WHISK balsamic vinegar with olive oil, honey and Dijon in a large bowl until combined. Add crushed garlic and tomatoes. Stir to coat. Let stand for 5 min.
- TOAST sourdough bread. Stir crumbled goat cheese with vinegar mixture in a small bowl. Spread cheese mixture over sourdough. Top each bread slice with prosciutto and tomatoes. Season with fresh pepper.
Tomatoes are sweet and plentiful this time of year. We love the beefsteak variety for its meaty texture and juicy flavour.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 16 g,
- 48 g,
- 14 g,
- 4 g,
- 873 mg.
- Excellent source of