Kitchen Tip: This recipe makes enough for 8 hot dogs. We recommend the hot dogs be grilled and the buns toasted (for best results).
Indian chickpea and lime hot dogBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Crunchy pappadums, mango chutney and hot lime pickle bring all the best parts of a curry dinner onto a hot dog.
- 1 uncooked pappadum
- 3/4 cup canned chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp finely chopped Indian lime pickle
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- SPRAY pappadum with oil. Lay on a paper towel on the microwave turntable. Microwave until it starts to blister and pop, about 1 min. Cool slightly and crumble into bite-sized pieces.
- HEAT chickpeas in a small frying pan over medium until completely dry, about 1 min. Use a potato masher to partially mash chickpeas. Add lime pickle and cilantro and stir until heated through.
- SPOON chutney over hot dogs. Top with chickpea mixture, then pappadum pieces.
Chatelaine Quickies: Gourmet Hot Dogs
Nutrition (per serving (topping only))
- 1 g,
- 10 g,
- 2 g,
- 1 g,
- 398 mg.