Cold, Spicy Vegan Peanut Noodles with Smoked TofuBy Chatelaine
Noodles and cubes of crispy smoked tofu are tossed in a spicy peanut sauce in this delightful plant-based noodle bowl.
- 225 g spaghettini
- 6 tbsp canola oil , divided
- 3 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 tsp tamari , or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 2 tsp chili-garlic sauce
- 1 210-g pkg extra-firm smoked tofu , preferably Sunrise
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 284-g pkg carrot , matchsticks
- 1 cup frozen edamame , thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro , (optional)
- COOK pasta in a large pot of boiling water, following package directions, until al dente, 7 to 8 min. Meanwhile, whisk 3 tbsp oil with peanut butter, vinegar, tamari, honey, ginger and chili-garlic sauce in a large bowl. Set aside.
- CUT tofu into 3/4-in. cubes. Toss with cornstarch in a large bowl until completely coated. Heat a very large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add remaining 3 tbsp oil, then tofu. Cook, turning the cubes occasionally, adjusting heat if needed, until crispy and golden-brown all over, 2 to 3 min per side.
- DRAIN pasta and rinse in cold water. Add noodles to dressing along with carrots, edamame and tofu. Divide between bowls and garnish with cilantro.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 24 g,
- 67 g,
- 34 g,
- 7 g,
- 539 mg.