Chicken with Peanut Sauce and QuinoaBy Chatelaine
Tender chicken thighs are cooked in a sweet and spicy peanut sauce in this addictive quinoa bowl.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp chili-garlic sauce
Chicken and Quinoa
- 1 cup dry multicoloured quinoa
- 1 142-g pkg julienned carrots
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt , divided
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 450 g skinless, boneless chicken thighs , cut into 1-in. cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Peanut Sauce: Whisk water with peanut butter, 1 tbsp rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, 1 tbsp brown sugar and chili-garlic sauce in a medium bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook quinoa following package directions, about 12 min. Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add carrots, 1/4 cup rice vinegar, 1/4 cup water, 1 tsp brown sugar and 1/4 tsp salt. Bring to a boil, then transfer to a medium bowl. Wipe pan clean.
- Heat same pan over medium-high. Add oil, then chicken and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Cook, stirring often, until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, 5 to 6 min. Pour in peanut mixture. Stir until slightly thickened but still runny, 1 to 2 min.
- Stir cilantro into pickled carrots. Divide quinoa among 4 bowls, then top with chicken and pickled carrots.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 37 g,
- 50 g,
- 28 g,
- 8 g,
- 565 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A