- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp quick-rise instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup hot milk , 120 to 130F
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 1 egg , at room temperature
FOR MONKEY BREAD:
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 to 2 tbsp milk
- To make sweet dough:
Whisk 1 cup flour with 1/4 cup granulated sugar, yeast and salt in a large bowl. Whisk in milk, 1/3 cup hot water, 2 tbsp butter and egg. Using a wooden spoon, stir in 1 3/4 cups flour and continue stirring until dough starts to come together. Knead dough in bowl until smooth and not sticky, adding remaining flour as needed, 3 to 4 min. Cover loosely with a damp kitchen towel and let rest until dough is doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- To make Monkey Bread:
Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 10-in. Bundt pan lightly with oil.
- Pour butter in a shallow dish. Stir brown sugar with cinnamon in a medium bowl. Shape Sweet Dough into 1-in. balls. Dip each ball in butter, then coat in sugar mixture. Stack in Bundt pan, staggering each layer like bricks. Pat down. Sprinkle any remaining butter and sugar over dough.
- Bake in centre of oven until deep golden brown, about 25 min. Transfer to a rack. Let stand 5 min, then flip onto a plate.
- Sift icing sugar into a medium bowl. Stir in milk, 1 tbsp at a time, until smooth. Drizzle glaze over warm Monkey Bread. Serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 4 g,
- 39 g,
- 3 g,
- 1 g,
- 172 mg.