Josée di Stasio’s Christmas granola
This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS Cooking time: 2 minutes, Baking Time: 30 minutes
“Invited to brunch? Bring a festive version of granola as a hostess gift. To serve, layer with yogourt in a glass bowl,” di Stasio says. This recipe has not been tested by the Chatelaine Test Kitchen.
1 to 2 tsp
, or wheat germ
, pumpkin seeds or walnuts
, or honey
, preferably canola
whole or ground
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- In a small bowl, stir cinnamon with ginger and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, mix oats with oat bran, almonds, coconut and salt.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, stir syrup with oil until warm, 2 to 3 min. Remove from heat. Stir in almond extract and spice mix. Pour over oat mixture. Stir to coat.
- Turn onto baking sheet, spreading out as evenly as you can. Bake until golden for 30 to 45 min, stirring every 15 min. Remove from oven and stir in cranberries.
- Cool. Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks. Sprinkle with flaxseed before serving.