Josée di Stasio’s Christmas granola
This article has not been rated yet.
8 Cups (2 L)
“Invited to brunch? Bring a festive version of granola as a hostess gift. To serve, layer with yogourt in a glass bowl,” di Stasio says. This recipe has not been tested by the Chatelaine Test Kitchen.
- 1 to 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3 cups old-fashioned large-flake oats
- 1 cup oat bran , or wheat germ
- 1 cup sliced almonds , pumpkin seeds or walnuts
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup maple syrup , or honey
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil , preferably canola
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- whole or ground flaxseed , optional
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- In a small bowl, stir cinnamon with ginger and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, mix oats with oat bran, almonds, coconut and salt.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, stir syrup with oil until warm, 2 to 3 min. Remove from heat. Stir in almond extract and spice mix. Pour over oat mixture. Stir to coat.
- Turn onto baking sheet, spreading out as evenly as you can. Bake until golden for 30 to 45 min, stirring every 15 min. Remove from oven and stir in cranberries.
- Cool. Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks. Sprinkle with flaxseed before serving.