These cupcakes are fun for the whole family. The scary part is how easy they are to make. They start with a mix and store-bought icing. So bake away!
This article has not been rated yet.
- 515-g pkg devil's food cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 450-g container vanilla or chocolate frosting
- yellow and red food colouring , optional
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Lightly oil two 12-cup muffin pans or line with paper cups. Prepare and bake cupcakes according to package directions using water, oil and eggs. Cool before icing.
- For orange icing, scrape vanilla frosting into a bowl. Stir in generous drops of yellow and a few drops of red food colouring until bright orange. If you prefer, simply use chocolate icing. Spread a teaspoonful (5 mL) of frosting over each cupcake. Add orange sprinkles, if you wish.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2 g,
- 22.2 g,
- 10.1 g,
- 0.5 g,
- 194 mg.