Roasted Spiced Carrots With Caramelized ShallotsBy Chatelaine
The sweetness of carrots, married with moroccan-inspired spices elevates this veggie dish to the next level.
- 600 g small carrots , with stems, scrubbed well
- 4 tsp olive oil , divided
- 3/4 tsp Moroccan-Inspired Spice Blend , divided, (see Kitchen tip for recipe)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 shallots , thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- Position rack in centre of oven and preheat to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Trim carrots, reserving 1/4 cup chopped carrot leaves. Toss carrots with 2 tsp oil, 1/4 tsp spice blend and salt on prepared sheet. Roast, flipping halfway, until carrots are tender, about 25 min.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add remaining 2 tsp oil, and then shallots. Cook, stirring often, until golden-brown, 5 to 7 min. Add remaining 1/2 tsp spice blend and cook for 1 min more.
- Spread yogurt on a platter. Arrange carrots on yogurt, and then drizzle with honey. Scatter shallots and reserved carrot leaves on top.
Get the Moroccan-Inspired Spice Blend recipe.