Cool completely, then refrigerate up to 2 days. Bring to room temperature. Just before serving, stir in water, 1 tbsp at a time, until smooth.
Red Lentil Dip with MintBy Chatelaine
1 3/4 cups
A good source of protein and folate, enjoy this dip with your favourite raw veggies.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup red lentils , rinsed
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1 small garlic clove , minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil , plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped mint , plus more for garnish
1. Combine water, lentils and turmeric in a medium saucepan, preferably non-stick. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until tender, about 15 min. Let cool completely, about 40 min.
2. Whirl garlic and salt in a food processor, scraping down side as needed. Add lentil mixture and oil to food processor. Whirl until very smooth, then season with pepper and stir in chopped mint. Transfer to a serving dish.
3. Garnish with more olive oil and sprinkle with mint leaves. Serve at room temperature. (Dip will thicken as it cools.)
Nutrition (per 2 tbsp)
- 3 g,
- 6 g,
- 2 g,
- 1 g,
- 42 mg.
- Excellent source of