Classic Chickpea HummusBy Chatelaine
2 1/4 cups
You can't go wrong with a classic hummus with simple ingredients of salt, tahini, garlic and chickpeas.
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 540-mL can chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika , plus more for garnish
1. Whirl garlic and salt in a food processor, scraping down side as needed. Add tahini, water and lemon juice, and pulse to combine. Add chickpeas, oil and paprika, and continue pulsing until smooth, about 1 min.
2. Transfer to a serving bowl, making a well in centre. Drizzle lightly with more olive oil and sprinkle with more paprika.
Nutrition (per 2 tbsp)
- 2 g,
- 5 g,
- 6 g,
- 1 g,
- 105 mg.