This is a Halloween take on bruschetta. Black olive tapenade, a store-bought thick olive paste, is spread on crunchy toast and contrasts strikingly with a vibrant orange pepper salsa.
Black magic toast with orange pepper salsa
This article has not been rated yet.
- 2 orange bell peppers , finely chopped
- 2 green onions , thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup shredded fresh basil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 baguette , sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 227-g container tapenade
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Place peppers, onions and basil in a medium bowl. Drizzle with vinegar and oil. Toss to evenly coat. Place baguette rounds on a baking sheet. Toast in oven until edges are golden, 4 minutes per side. If making ahead, cool, then store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days. To serve, spread rounds with tapenade, then spoon salsa overtop.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 0.7 g,
- 3.5 g,
- 2 g,
- 0.4 g,
- 138 mg.