Cherry Tomato, Zucchini And Halloumi Skewers With Pesto DrizzleBy Gillian Grace
Halloumi cheese is a great addition to a vegetable kebab, but needs a little extra attention on the barbecue. Make sure your grill is really hot, clean and lightlyoiled before you begin and turn the skewers frequently to keep the cheese from sticking.—Eshun Mott
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 large garlic clove , grated
- 240 g Halloumi cheese , cut in 1-in. cubes (about 12 cubes)
- 1 1/2 cups large firm cherry tomatoes
- 2 small zucchinis , cut in 1-in. pieces
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- Preheat barbecue to high and grease the grate. Combine oil, garlic powder and grated garlic in a medium bowl. Add halloumi and toss to coat. Remove halloumi to a plate with tongs. Add tomatoes and zucchini to the bowl, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Divide halloumi, tomatoes and zucchini among 6 metal skewers (or use wooden skewers that have been soaked for 30 min). Reserve bowl with any remaining oil.
- Grill skewers for 4 to 6 min, lid closed but opening to turn skewers frequently, until vegetables are softened and zucchini and halloumi are browned in places. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Add pesto to the reserved bowl with oil and stir to combine. Drizzle pesto mixture over grilled skewers.