Peaches and cream cakeBy Chatelaine
1 h 15 min
Ripe, juicy peaches top a fluffy layer of whipped cream and lime-drizzled cake for a divine weekend dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- 4 tsp lime zest
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups 35% cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 3 large peaches , unpeeled, cut into wedges
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Butter an 8-in. round cake pan and line bottom with parchment.
- STIR flour with baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- BEAT butter with 3/4 cup granulated sugar in a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium, about 1 min. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk, lime zest and vanilla. Reduce speed and gradually beat in flour mixture until until just blended.
- SCRAPE batter into a prepared pan and smooth top.
- BAKE in centre of oven until a cake tester inserted in centre of cake comes out clean, about 35 min.
- BOIL lime juice with 2 tbsp granulated sugar in a small saucepan until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- COOL cake in pan on rack for 15 min, then turn out onto rack. Remove parchment. Brush top of cake with lime syrup. Cool completely, about 45 min.
- WHIP cream with icing sugar until soft peaks form, 1 to 2 min.
- SPREAD whipped cream on cake. Top with peaches.
How to shop for, peel and prepare peaches
Nutrition (per serving)
- 6 g,
- 39 g,
- 27 g,
- 139 mg.