Updated Jul 28, 2017Chatelaine
1 1/2 cups
1 1/2 tsp
unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups
large peaches, unpeeled, cut into wedges
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Butter an 8-in. round cake pan and line bottom with parchment.
- STIR flour with baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- BEAT butter with 3/4 cup granulated sugar in a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium, about 1 min. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk, lime zest and vanilla. Reduce speed and gradually beat in flour mixture until until just blended.
- SCRAPE batter into a prepared pan and smooth top.
- BAKE in centre of oven until a cake tester inserted in centre of cake comes out clean, about 35 min.
- BOIL lime juice with 2 tbsp granulated sugar in a small saucepan until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- COOL cake in pan on rack for 15 min, then turn out onto rack. Remove parchment. Brush top of cake with lime syrup. Cool completely, about 45 min.
- WHIP cream with icing sugar until soft peaks form, 1 to 2 min.
- SPREAD whipped cream on cake. Top with peaches.
NutritionCalories 412, Protein 6 g, Carbohydrates 39 g, Fat 27 g, Sodium 139 mg.
How to shop for, peel and prepare peaches