Cake toast with honeyed strawberries
Great for dessert or even for brunch, this rich pound-cake gets warm and crisp like French toast. A scoop of ice cream, yogurt or whipped cream is the perfect finishing touch.
- 2 tbsp honey
- 454-g pkg strawberries , hulled and quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 304-g pkg pound cake , preferably Sara Lee, cut into 8 1-in. slices
- POUR honey into a medium bowl. Add strawberries and mint. Stir to coat and set aside, stirring occasionally.
- PREHEAT oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread out cake slices on parchment. Toast in centre of oven, flipping halfway through, until lightly toasted, 5 to 7 min.
- ASSEMBLE by placing cake on plates and topping with strawberries. Drizzle with strawberry juice and add a scoop of ice cream (optional but good).
Nutrition (per serving)
- 5 g,
- 52 g,
- 16 g,
- 3 g,
- 223 mg.