Excerpted from Fraiche Food, Full Hearts: A Collection of Recipes for Every Day and Casual Celebrations by Jillian Harris and Tori Wesszer. Copyright © 2019 by Jillian Harris and Tori Wesszer. Photography copyright © 2019 by Janis Nicolay. Published by Penguin Canada, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.
Grapefruit Jalapeño MargaritaBy Amy Grief
This article has not been rated yet.
These super yummy margaritas are insanely easy to make and always a hit! Do not be scared off by the egg white (or aquafaba); it makes the cocktail smooth and slightly creamy.
- Juice from 2 limes , divided
- Himalayan pink salt , for rimming glasses
- 3 cups pink grapefruit juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1 oz triple sec
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper , seeded and finely sliced into rounds
- 2 tbsp aquafaba , (canned chickpea liquid)
- Moisten the rim of tumbler glasses or margarita glasses with the juice of 1 lime and dip the rim in the Himalayan pink salt to coat.
- In a large drink container with a lid, combine the grapefruit juice, pineapple juice, tequila, triple sec, the remaining lime juice, jalapeño and aquafaba. Shake with all your might! (If you do not have such a container, combine everything in a pitcher and stir well.)
- Pour into glasses filled with ice.