The Crescent CaesarBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
The recipe for this quintessential Canadian cocktail was written by Ryan Reynolds and featured in the new book Caesar Country.
- 2.5 oz Aviation American Gin
- 1/2 oz dry vermouth
- 1/2 oz Caesar mix , mild
- 1/4 oz lemon juice , finely strained
- 1 tsp olive brine
- lemon peel , and/or olives on a skewer
- Pour the gin, vermouth, Caesar mix, lemon juice and olive brine into a cocktail shaker. Fill the shaker with ice to just above the top of the liquid and stir with a bar spoon until the outside of the shaker is very cold to the touch.
- Strain the contents of the shaker into the chilled glass and garnish with the lemon peel and olive skewer
Use 1 coupe glass, chilled
More from Ryan Reynolds, co-owner, Aviation American Gin Vancouver
“It’s the quintessential Canadian cocktail and one of the first drinks I ever had. We lived on Crescent Drive, hence the name.”