White chicken chiliBy Chatelaine
Add this hearty white chicken chili to your weeknight rotation.
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 500 g skinless, boneless chicken breasts , halved horizontally
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tbsp Tex-Mex spice blend , such as Clubhouse
- 1 540-mL can cannellini beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 tbsp finely chopped, pickled jalapenos
- 1 tbsp pickled jalapeño brine
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese , (optional)
- BOIL broth in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low and add chicken breasts. Gently poach, covered, flipping halfway, until cooked through, 18 to 20 min.
- REMOVE chicken to a cutting board, reserving broth. Use two forks to shred chicken. Set aside.
- HEAT a large saucepan over medium-high. Add oil, then onion. Cook, stirring often, 2 min. Add garlic and seasoning. Cook for 1 min. Reduce heat to medium. Add beans, corn, jalapenos, brine and reserved broth, then bring to a boil.
- ADD chicken and sour cream into chili. Cook until mixture thickens slightly, 2 to 3 min.
- SCOOP chili into bowls. Top with cilantro, cheese and more chopped jalapenos and sour cream, if desired.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 43 g,
- 37 g,
- 10 g,
- 9 g,
- 879 mg.