Updated Jan 23, 2020Chatelaine
low-sodium chicken broth
skinless, boneless chicken breasts, halved horizontally
onion, finely chopped
garlic cloves, minced
Tex-Mex spice blend, such as Clubhouse
1 540-mL can
cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 cups
frozen corn kernels
finely chopped, pickled jalapenos
pickled jalapeño brine
shredded Monterey Jack cheese, (optional)
- BOIL broth in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low and add chicken breasts. Gently poach, covered, flipping halfway, until cooked through, 18 to 20 min.
- REMOVE chicken to a cutting board, reserving broth. Use two forks to shred chicken. Set aside.
- HEAT a large saucepan over medium-high. Add oil, then onion. Cook, stirring often, 2 min. Add garlic and seasoning. Cook for 1 min. Reduce heat to medium. Add beans, corn, jalapenos, brine and reserved broth, then bring to a boil.
- ADD chicken and sour cream into chili. Cook until mixture thickens slightly, 2 to 3 min.
- SCOOP chili into bowls. Top with cilantro, cheese and more chopped jalapenos and sour cream, if desired.