Kitchen Tip: Stir panko often to prevent scorching, and remove all crumbs before cooking the onions.
Tuscan white bean and tomato pastaBy Chatelaine
- 250 g whole-wheat linguine pasta
- 1/3 cup olive oil , divided
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp salt , divided
- 3/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 onion , chopped
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 540-mL can white kidney beans , drained and rinsed
- BRING a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta following package directions, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
- HEAT 1/4 cup oil in a large frying pan over medium. Add bread crumbs and 1/2 tsp salt and cook, stirring often, until golden, about 4 min. Stir in parsley and garlic, then transfer to a bowl, scraping pan well.
- HEAT remaining 2 tbsp oil in the same pan over medium. Add onion, remaining ½ tsp salt and pepper and cook until softened, about 6 min. Add tomatoes and cook until softened, about 8 min.
- ADD pasta, beans and pasta water, tossing until well coated. Divide among plates, then sprinkle generously with bread crumbs.
How to make one-pot pasta
Nutrition (per serving)
- 16 g,
- 70 g,
- 13 g,
- 11 g,
- 808 mg.
- Excellent source of