Upside-down chicken pot pies
This article has not been rated yet.
- 1/2 450-g pkg frozen PC® Butter puff pastry , thawed
- 2 1/4 cups 2% milk
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp PC® Dijon Prepared mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup finely diced butternut squash
- 1 Yukon Gold potato , finely diced
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 onion , finely chopped
- 4 PC® Free From Boneless, Skinless Air-chilled chicken thighs , cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup frozen PC® Small Sweet peas
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a large baking sheet with oil. Unroll pastry on prepared sheet. Cut into 4 squares, then prick all over with a fork. Bake in centre of oven until pastry is golden, 12 to 15 min.
- Heat milk with thyme, Dijon and salt in a large frying pan over medium-high. When milk starts to simmer, add squash and potato. Gently boil, stirring often, until vegetables are fork-tender, about 8 min. Transfer vegetables to a large plate using a slotted spoon. Pour liquid into a large measuring cup. Set aside.
- Rinse pan, then return to burner. Add oil, then onion and chicken. Cook, stirring often, until almost cooked through, 5 to 7 min. Transfer to plate with vegetables.
- Add butter to same pan. Whisk in flour and cook 1 min. Gradually add reserved liquid and whisk until sauce thickens, 2 to 3 min. Stir in peas, chicken and vegetables. Season with fresh pepper. Spoon about 1 cup chicken mixture over each baked puff pastry square.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 26 g,
- 47 g,
- 35 g,
- 4 g,
- 974 mg.