Tomato and tofu starterBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
When markets brim with the red, yellow and pink hues of cherry, beefsteak and heirloom tomatoes, here’s how to welcome them back into your kitchen.
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp cider or sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp sunflower or canola oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Pinch of sea salt , plus more for garnish
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 300-g pkg soft tofu
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , sliced
- 1 green onion , thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- WHISK soy, vinegar, sunflower oil, sesame oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- PAT tofu dry with paper towel. Thinly slice, then transfer to a large plate, fanning out in a line. Drizzle half the soy dressing overtop.
- SCATTER tomatoes over tofu and drizzle with remaining dressing. Sprinkle with green onion, sesame seeds and more sea salt.
Chatelaine Quickies: How to make fresh Sicilian pasta sauce
Nutrition (per serving)
- 6 g,
- 3 g,
- 5 g,
- 1 g,
- 158 mg.
- Good source of