Sweet and spicy glazed salmon with fennel and grapefruit saladBy Chatelaine
- 5 tsp wasabi paste , divided
- 5 tsp honey , divided
- 1 garlic clove , grated, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt , divided
- 4 skin-on salmon fillets , (about 675 g)
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium fennel bulb , halved and thinly sliced, reserving fronds (about 4 cups)
- 1 grapefruit , peeled, halved and thinly sliced into half moons
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 cups watercress
- 2 tbsp fried shallots , (optional)
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium.
- MIX 1 tbsp each of the wasabi and honey, half of the garlic and 1/4 tsp of the salt in a small bowl. Brush salmon with wasabi mixture on all sides except skin.
- OIL grill. Barbecue fillets, skin-side down, until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 7 to 10 min.
- WHISK remaining 2 tsp each of the wasabi and honey, remaining half of the garlic, remaining 1/4 tsp of the salt, oil and reserved fennel fronds in a large bowl. Add sliced fennel, grapefruit, onion and watercress and toss to combine. Divide among 4 plates and serve with salmon. Garnish with shallots.
Chatelaine Quickies: Provencal pan salmon
Nutrition (per serving)
- 28 g,
- 21 g,
- 19 g,
- 5 g,
- 417 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin C