Sweet and sour chicken kebabsBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 small red chilies , seeds removed
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts , cut into 1-in. cubes
- 2 mangoes , peeled and cut into 1-in. cubes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 crown of broccoli , cut into florets
- 1 large zucchini , cut into 1/2-in. coins
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium. Soak 10 wooden skewers in warm water for 20 min.
- COMBINE garlic with chilies, vinegar, sugar, honey and salt in a large saucepan. Boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is just syrupy, about 6 min. Set aside.
- THREAD chicken, mangoes, tomatoes, broccoli and zucchini onto skewers. Brush with oil.
- OIL grill, then barbecue skewers, lid closed, until chicken is cooked through, turning every 2 min until grill marks form, about 8 min. Brush with sauce.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 25 g,
- 33 g,
- 5 g,
- 3 g,
- 180 mg.