Stuffed portobello mushroom parmigianaBy Chatelaine
Cheesy, saucy and meaty (thanks to the portobellos), this parmigiana is a must-try for vegetarians and carnivores alike.
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms
- 3 tbsp canola oil , divided
- 1 142-g pkg mixed greens , divided
- 1 large garlic clove , minced
- 1 cup Marinara sauce
- 1 cup smooth ricotta
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Position rack in centre of oven; pre-heat to 500F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set a medium rack on top.
- Trim mushroom stems and reserve. Scrape gills from under mushroom caps and reserve. Brush mushroom caps with 1 tbsp oil. Place, gill-side down, on rack.
- Bake until fork-tender, about 8 min. Finely chop reserved mushroom stems and 1/4 cup mixed greens.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Add 1 tbsp oil, then garlic and reserved mushroom stems and gills. Cook until softened, 1 to 2 min. Add marinara sauce and cook until thickened, about 5 min.
- Mix ricotta, lemon zest and chopped greens in a bowl. Divide marinara mixture, then ricotta mixture among mushroom caps, gill-side up. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Broil until golden, about 2 min.
- Whisk lemon juice, remaining 1 tbsp oil, Dijon, honey and salt in a bowl. Toss with remaining greens. Serve with mushrooms.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 16 g,
- 15 g,
- 23 g,
- 3 g,
- 666 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin A