Steak with fresh corn polentaBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
- 2 flank steaks , about 750 g each
- 8 ears of corn
- 1 tsp salt , divided
- fresh pepper , to season
- 2 tsp canola oil , divided
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- PEEL back and discard husks from corn. Remove silk from cobs, then shave corn from cobs using a knife. Reserve 1 cup corn kernels for Summer Steak Salad. Whirl remaining kernels in food processor until smooth.
- SPRINKLE steaks with salt. Season with fresh pepper.
- HEAT an extra-large frying pan over medium-high. Add 1 tsp oil, then 1 steak. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 6 to 7 min per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and tent with foil. Repeat with remaining 1 tsp oil and steak.
- MELT butter in a medium saucepan over medium. Add puréed corn and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, 5 min. Season with fresh pepper.
- DIVIDE polenta among 4 plates. Slice 1 steak thinly against the grain, then arrange over corn. Sprinkle with cilantro. Cool and refrigerate remaining steak for Summer Steak Salad.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 45 g,
- 50 g,
- 17 g,
- 6 g,
- 481 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin B12