Squash and pumpkin seed saladBy Chatelaine
- 1/2 180-g pkg blend of grain and quinoa , (1/2 cup)
- 400-g pkg prepared butternut squash , cut into 1-in. cubes (3 cups)
- 1 small red onion , coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 3/4 tsp salt , divided
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp lemon juice , divided
- 2 cups broccoli florets , chopped
- 1 cup canned pinto or romano beans , drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup crumbled sodium-reduced feta
- COOK quinoa following package directions.
- PREHEAT oven to 450F. Toss squash, onion, 1 tbsp of the oil, 1/2 tsp of the salt and pepper on a baking sheet. Roast, stirring halfway through, until fork-tender, 15 to 20 min. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of the lemon juice.
- COMBINE quinoa, squash mixture, broccoli, beans, cherries, pumpkin seeds, remaining 2 tbsp lemon juice, remaining 1 tbsp oil and remaining 1/4 tsp salt in a large bowl. Top with feta before serving.
How to roast pumpkin seeds
Nutrition (per serving)
- 16 g,
- 56 g,
- 17 g,
- 7 g,
- 769 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A