Spicy steak fajitasBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
By cooking your veggies in the oven, this recipe is a breeze to tackle any day of the week.
- 1 medium onion , cut into wedges
- 2 bell peppers , green and orange, sliced
- 3 tbsp canola oil , divided
- 450 g strip loin steak , about 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tbsp Tex-Mex spice blend , such as Clubhouse
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup store-bought salsa
- 1/4 cup sour cream , (optional)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese , (optional)
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro , (optional)
- 1 lime , cut into 8 wedges
- POSITION rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- TOSS onion and peppers with 2 tbsp oil on prepared sheet. Roast until peppers are tender-crisp, about 20 min. Transfer to a platter.
- HEAT a large frying pan over medium-high. Rub steak with Tex-Mex spice blend and salt. Add remaining 1 tbsp oil to pan, then steak. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 2 to 3 min per side for medium-rare. Transfer steak to a cutting board and let rest, covered, 5 min. Cut into 1/2-in. slices, then transfer to a plate.
- TOP tortillas with steak, vegetables, salsa, sour cream, cheese, cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 29 g,
- 38 g,
- 25 g,
- 3 g,
- 1 mg.