Spiced lamb with pine nutsBy Chatelaine
Adding spicy sautéed meat turns hummus into a fabulous main course. Serve with lots of very fresh pita.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion , finely chopped
- 500 g lean ground lamb , or beef
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley , divided
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp hot-red-chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 4 pitas , cut into wedges
- HEAT a large frying pan over medium. Add oil, then onion. Cook until onion starts to soften, 3 min. Add meat and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until no pink remains, 5 to 7 min. Add garlic, 2 tbsp parsley, spices and salt. Season with fresh pepper. Continue cooking for 3 min. Let cool slightly.
- SPOON over Creamy Hummus, then sprinkle with remaining parsley and pine nuts. Serve immediately with pita.
This creamy hummus, inspired by a trip to Tel Aviv. There, hummus is not just a pre-dinner dip — it’s a treasured tradition.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 29 g,
- 41 g,
- 25 g,
- 3 g,
- 733 mg.
- Excellent source of