White bean and tomato soupBy Chatelaine
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 small onion , finely chopped
- 1 carrot , peeled and finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk , finely chopped
- 540 mL canned no-salt white beans , drained and rinsed
- 3 cups no-salt vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce , (reserved from Buttery Tomato Pasta)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup 35% cream
- HEAT a large pot over medium-high. Add oil, then onion, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring often, until onion is soft, about 5 min. Stir in beans, then vegetable broth, tomato sauce (from yesterday’s buttery tomato pasta recipe), water and salt. Boil, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- SIMMER, covered, until vegetables are tender, 20 min. Transfer mixture to a blender along with cream. Whirl until smooth. Ladle into bowls and serve with French bread.
Chatelaine Quickies: Easy veggie soup
Nutrition (per serving)
- 21 g,
- 34 g,
- 12 g,
- 8 g,
- 864 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A