Smoky hush puppiesBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped jalapeños
- 1/2 cup grated smoked cheddar
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- PREHEAT oven to 425F.
- WHISK cornmeal and flour with baking powder, salt and jalapenos in a medium bowl. Stir in cheddar and fresh corn kernels. Beat egg with melted butter and milk in a small bowl. Stir into cornmeal mixture just until combined.
- SPOON into a lightly oiled mini muffin tin. Bake until golden, 10 to 12 min. Serve warm.
How to remove corn from the cob
[brightcove id=’1751789210001′ width=’640′ height=’360′]