Slow cooker beef wraps with tahini
These Middle-Eastern-inspired wraps, complete with quick-pickled carrots and radishes, are made low-carb by substituting lettuce for pitas.
, thickly sliced
, cut in half lengthwise
1 cup plus 1 tbsp
hot pepper flakes
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp
1 1/2 tsp
, peeled and cut into long matchsticks (1 cup)
, sliced (1/2 cup)
leaves of red leaf
, for garnish
- SCATTER onion slices and garlic in bottom of slow cooker insert.
- HEAT oil in a large frying pan over medium-high. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper, then add to pan and brown on all sides, about 2 min per side. Lay on top of onions and garlic.
- WHISK 2 cups water, soy, 1 tbsp of the vinegar, 2 tbsp of the sugar, pepper flakes in a medium bowl, then pour over beef. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
- PICKLES: Combine 2/3 cup water, remaining 1 cup of the vinegar and 1/4 cup of the sugar and salt in a large saucepan over high. Bring to a boil until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Stir in carrots and radish. Let cool and refrigerate until ready to use.
- TRANSFER beef to a large bowl and tear into large shreds with 2 forks. Skim off and discard any fat from juices. Transfer juices to a frying pan and boil on high until reduced to about 1 1/2 cups, 10 to 12 min. Stir in shredded beef, 1/2 cup of the tahini and sesame oil. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Stir remaining 2 tbsp of the tahini, 2 tbsp water and 1 tbsp lemon juice in a small bowl. Serve beef and pickles on lettuce leaves and more sesame seeds., if desired. Drizzle with tahini sauce if needed.
Watch: How to make slow cooker meatballs
Nutrition (per serving)
- 20 g,
- 16 g,
- 18 g,
- 2 g,
- 1023 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin B12