Skillet chicken pot pieBy Chatelaine
On busy nights one-pan wonders bring big flavours to the dinner table (with less mess!)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 leeks , (white and pale green parts only) halved and thinly sliced (3 cups)
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 450 g skinless, boneless chicken thighs , cut into chunks
- 1 large potato , cut into 1/2-in.cubes (2 cups)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 frozen deep-dish pie crust , thawed
- 3 cups frozen peas and carrots
- PREHEAT oven to 425F.
- MELT butter in a 9-in. oven-safe frying pan over medium. Add leeks and thyme, cooking until softened, 5 min. Stir in flour and cook, stirring, 1 min. Gradually stir in chicken broth. Add chicken, potato, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer over medium, stirring, 10 min.
- ROLL pie crust into a 11-in. circle on a lightly floured surface. Cut a few steam vents in centre. Place on a baking sheet and refrigerate.
- ADD vegetables to pan. Continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink and potatoes are tender, 3 to 5 min.
- PLACE pastry over filling. Bake until golden brown, 10 to 15 min.
Chatelaine Basics: How to Blind Bake a Pie Shell
Nutrition (per serving)
- 22 g,
- 44 g,
- 18 g,
- 6 g,
- 781 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A