Updated Feb 28, 2018Chatelaine
- SPREAD 2 kitchen towels on counter. Scatter zucchini spirals on towels and roll up to absorb excess liquid.
- COOK soba noodles in a large pot of boiling water, following package directions until tender, 4 to 5 min. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain very well.
- WHISK soy, lime juice, 2 tsp sesame oil and honey in a large bowl. Add zucchini, soba noodles and green onions, tossing to coat.
- PAT shrimp dry. Heat remaining 1 tsp sesame oil in a large frying pan over medium-high. Add shrimp and cook until pink, 2 to 3 min. Sprinkle with togarashi.
- TO serve, divide noodle mixture among bowls and top with shrimp, cilantro, mint and more togarashi.
Kitchen Tip: Shichimi togarashi is a common Japanese spice blend with 7 ingredients: red chili pepper, Japanese pepper, roasted orange peel, black and white sesame seeds, hemp and poppy seeds, ground ginger and nori.
Kitchen Tip: Can’t find togarashi? Combine 1/2 tsp toasted mixed sesame seeds with a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Kitchen Tip: Look for spiralized zucchini in the produce section of your grocery store to cut down on prep time.
NutritionCalories 310, Protein 27 g, Carbohydrates 42 g, Fat 5 g, Fibre 3 g, Sodium 812 mg. Excellent source of vitamin B12
Chatelaine Quickies: Cold Noodles with shrimp and peaches