Prep tip: Pre-chopping garlic can compromise its flavour, which is why we prefer to chop immediately before use.
Shrimp primavera pastaBy Chatelaine
Packed with veggies, this pasta dish is ready in 25 minutes, making it the perfect weeknight meal.
- 225 g linguine pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 1 yellow bell pepper , sliced
- 250 g asparagus , trimmed and cut into 1-in. pieces (3 cups)
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 450-g pkg frozen large shrimp , thawed and peeled
- 1/2 cup torn basil
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- COOK pasta following package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- MELT butter and oil in a large frying pan over medium. Add garlic and pepper flakes, and cook 1 min. Add pepper, asparagus, onion and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender-crisp, about 5 min. Stir in shrimp and 3/4 cup reserved cooking liquid. Cook, stirring until shrimp are pink, 3 to 4 min. Add reserved liquid as needed.
- ADD pasta, basil and cheese, tossing until combined.
Chatelaine Quickies: Provencal pan salmon
Nutrition (per serving)
- 32 g,
- 51 g,
- 19 g,
- 3 g,
- 798 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin C